CHURCH OF CHRIST THE HAGUE / ROTTERDAM
We welcome believers and seekers!
In the 20th century more churches started to practise baptism. Not infant baptism, but adult baptism. Some churches even have a waiting list for people to be baptised.
That is impressive.
Here are some verses from the Bible that give us a good indication:
- 'to show that you have changed your hearts and lives' (Mat 3,11)
- You were all baptized into Christ, and so you were all clothed with Christ. (Gal 3:27)
- 'So when we were baptized, we were buried with Christ' (Rom 6:4)
- 'And that water is like baptism, which now saves you.' (1 Pet 3:21)
- 'be baptized...Then God will forgive your sins' (Acts 2:38)
- 'Get up, be baptized and wash away your sins' (Acts 22:16)
- 'It is asking God for a clean conscience' (1 Pet 3:21)
- 'and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit' (Acts 2:38)
- 'In our baptism we shared in his death' (Rom 6:3)
- 'all of us became part of Christ Jesus when we were baptized' (Rom 6:3)
- 'But we were all baptized to become one body through one Spirit' (1 Cor 12:13)
(all verses above are from the Holy Bible Easy to Read Version)
Baptism doesn't seem a light thing to do. It isn't just an add-on to your faith. It is rather fundamental.
Of course faith is first and fundamental to baptism. Without it, it isn't much.
And as you probably know, without love, our faith or our baptism isn't anything at all... (read 1 Cor 13:1-3 and 7:19)
Please study the verses above. Then decide as the new believer in Acts 8:26-40:
See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?
If you need a church where you can be baptised and join a fellowship of believers, contact us at: